dvd's in windows media player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If its a new computer, I would guess its the newest version? Dontcha think? You can always just consult the microsoft.com site.

If you bought the drive from a store, it should have its own drivers and codecs with it (usually).

Either way, while WMP is okay, I would suggest buying a DVD program if you watch a lot of DVDs. Personally, I use WinDVD Gold.

You'll just have to try it out. If you can get WMP to play your DVDs, and you like the response you get, then fine. If not, I'd go buy something (like WinDVD). It's a matter of preference.

the newest vers. of WMP (10) plays dvds on it own. I think 9 did too. All other version borrowed the software from companies like windvd or power dvd to play dvds

Good question, my experience says that many free programs to watch DVD are Adware and it turns your pc vulnerable to hijackers!
To watch DVD stuffs in your WMP you will need to buy decoders ( See Windows Media Player Home Page) andÂ…..perhaps I will recommend you to buy a good software! Try PowerDVD or Win DVD, but I prefer PowerDVD!

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom