new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDBubba

Beta member
I recently purchased a dell xps 15. It comes with 2.66 ghz, superclocked to 3.2. It also includes a Nvidia geforce 420M 1 GB and 6 gb ddr. Will this rig be able to handle new games at high detail settings for the next several years, at least?

Thanks.

Umm, what CPU is that? Clock speeds don't tell us everything.

You might be able to play games on Medium. Don't try to play on high settings on any laptop. Heat tolerance is lower on laptops.

Oops, sorry about that. The CPU I have:

Intel Core i5-560M 2.66GHz / up to SC 3.2GHz / 3M
NVIDIA GeForce GT 420M 1GB graphics with Optimus
6GB,DDR3,2 DIMM

Good to know about the heat. Although, that's disapointing to hear.

Depending on the design, some laptops might experience overheating. But unless you don't keep the cooling system clean, I don't think your laptop will get damaged. Like Abstract Hero mentioned, I too test my machine to the limit and I haven't had any damage due to heating ( and my laptop is an acer aspire that's 6 years old - on which starcraft 2 run very well at low settings btw hehe )

I think cleaning laptops cooling systems is extremely overlooked. Actually for the common user I think cleaning any cooling system desktop or laptop goes overlooked.

^^ ! heard of quite a few cases of 'i dunno what happened but my laptop broke' because of the cooling system being too dirty.

I've probably seen more than you, Flash. I've been pretty current in this area, as well as other sites. :p

Cleaning is mandatory in laptops. Dust is their worst enemy, due to their small airflow capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom