Nvidia 9800GT distorted image

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just ordered it ill keep u guys posted on what happends thank u all for the help

Well guys it dint work maybe it isnt a power issue and is a card issue ?
I did notice that the color and messy image vary according to what port i pluged it in.
I also noticed that the card dosent stay still wen plugged in the board it a bit lose. After i put the screw in it isnt 100%.
or maybe i need to do something in bios but the messy image wont let me do much since i cant see much. pc works fine on integrated card.
I did dusted the card it was very dusty since it was in an attic for a while maybe i need to open the card and see if it needs really good cleaning inside ?
well let me know what u think here is pics of the messy image.

IPic002.jpg

IPic014.jpg

here is pics of the card.

IPic073.jpg

IPic059.jpg

yeah it was in good i had to unlock to get it out.
i removed the dvi screw holders from a agp card and put in in that one. as u can see above they missing but dint do anything.
i secured the card and same thing happend image still distorted.
im really out of ideas and i dont have another card to try.

i just grabbed a nail gun compressor and used a dusting adapter and dusted away.
what ever dust was on my pc or the card is gone big time lol
but no luck same thing. you said that PSU should have enuff power so i dont know what else to think other than the card got damaged from over exposure to heat in the attic all that time im in florida so an attic in the summer is like walking in an oven.
I was really hoping to get a few hrs of gaming fix is been 6 months since i played any good new games lol. I was doing this because the card was free trying to save up some transport.
if nothing else can be donr at least i have a nicer PSU on my pc. I just have to stick to old games i never played before lol
i do apreciate u guys taking the time to help.

no he dosent remember ohh well thats ok. ill keep my eyes open on black friday see if newegg puts a GPU on a good price if not is ok thank u all for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom