Post ure 3dmark03 and 3dmark05 scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah, man both times I've overclocked my graphics card 3dmark freezes during some part...just not lettin me do it....I don't think I can get an insane oc out of it anyway but last time I got 5k more in aquamark03 after raising it. I'm still waiting to find out if it's stock AGP Voltage is 1.5 or 1.6 though. I just added some heatsinks to the RAM on the card, also removed the stock heatsink and applied some AS5 under it.

Yeah my CPU is running at 2.7GHz so I know damn well in that portion of the test I'm out running a lot of you with lower clock speeds...and even some of the higher running Intels....but my 256mb of PC2700 isn't helping...and the fact I can't get my graphics card to OC very far isn't helping raising the scores. As soon as I get a gig kit of some corsair XMS I'll take the test again.

Chaintech said 'All AGP 2.0/3.0 compliant cards are 1.5v' I said 'no thats bs, ATI's 9800PRO stock is 1.6 and I believe that falls under the AGP 2.0/3.0 compliant rule'

Stock graphics: 425/500
Best I can OC: 530/570

so yeah it's not even worth it right now.

tested a 5600ultra gainward golden sample in the week ok but my unmodded 9800se ran just the same if anything on doom3 better then the ultra card,which is hard to beleve.

It's not that hard to believe...the 5600 series is a known series that had a lot of issues, that and the 5800 series...both of them had a lot of issues and driver conflicts at that. Beyond that even though the 9800 is the low end of the 9800 family, it'd still be like comparing it to a lowend 5950 probably. The 5600 just wasn't that great of card to begin with and even making it an Ultra didn't make up for it. I believe though that if my 5700 was an Ultra it'd beat the crap out of the 9800SE because this kids 64bit system BARELY outperforms me on exact same settings in doom3...like I said about 5FPS smoother on his 9600XT compared to my normal 5700.

iam going to wait 4 the sli mobo boards/amd64 fx for my next build should see some good increase lol but while my rig can max out doom3 i shall save my pennies .

aright runnin 2.7GHz with the RAM below and my graphics card OC'd to 559/582 from 425/500 and it won't go past that...updated 3dmark03 score....3199....a whole two point increase oh boy....sheesh guess this card isn't meant for overclocking but also my RAM and CPU bottleneck is killin me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom