Corsair H50??

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can overclock but i wouldnt expect anything amazing, and the temps are a tad high. If you can live with that, then the H50 is fine. Lets just say i couldnt do 4ghz on my i5 with it.

Well, I'm not sure how you got a i5 to 4.2ghz...but I was reading a review Sean did and he said he had his Phenom ll 965 at 3.8ghz and running at 51 degrees with prime95 with an h50 so I'm not sure... I plan to go to 4ghz

The PhenomII 965 doesn't generate the heat like the i5 or i7 will. I would go with the H70 over the H50.

Well, I personally think that it will work fine, Corsair has always made great products and I like their stuff. I think it will handle 4.0 ghz just fine because my friend and I have done much research on this and have had our minds set on the H50 for a good while now.

Well, I'm not sure how you got a i5 to 4.2ghz...but I was reading a review Sean did and he said he had his Phenom ll 965 at 3.8ghz and running at 51 degrees with prime95 with an h50 so I'm not sure... I plan to go to 4ghz

Quite easy, but the i7 generates more heat than even an i5.

Well, I personally think that it will work fine, Corsair has always made great products and I like their stuff. I think it will handle 4.0 ghz just fine because my friend and I have done much research on this and have had our minds set on the H50 for a good while now.

If you and your friend already had your minds made up why did you bother asking us?

I asked because I am not sure about my friend. Thought I would ask some people with experience with it. I honestly think that you are under estimating the H50.
But I have received what I came for I will happily post when I get it to 4GHZ.
Thanks for the help/advice.

Anyone on here that's been around and gives advice, knows what they're talking about, or else they wouldn't be saying anything man. If you want more input, you can easily Google Corsair H50 and look at reviews and peoples temps they've gotten on the i7 on numerous forums. With that said, check out Slaymate's review of the H70, it's a great one.

You can't compare temps from a different processor using the cooler you want for yours. An i7 at 4Ghz, is going to run hot. Even if the H50 does an "OK" job, you'll still see lower temps on other coolers and the H70.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom