What do I need to make this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually they will be going to 2 pretty nice tvs so sound would be great. No gaming though. What would you recommend?

Is he running 3 screens intotal? I.e. 2 tvs and his screen?

You'll have to run with active display port adapters I believe on any eyefinity enabled ati card. 3 screens at once will be a demand, but not a huge one...

However I'm not that up on ati card setups though.

I like the idea of a splitter. I looked it up and all are satisfied with them. Maybe that would be a good option. Find a good card with dvi for the monitor and an hdmi which I will split. I will look at that option.

do NOT go with the splitter. You have no control over output then. Trust me, the graphics card(s) has PLENTY of outputs for video. At LEAST 2 DVI and 1 HDMI and 1 DisplayPrt is standard now. Displayport carries HD images for longer cable lengths than HDMI (I think) so a displayport to HDMI cable would be preferable to HDMI anyways. Feel free to check my logic on that but just don't buy an adapter. That just doesn't make any sense.

I already have an hdmi cable run that works great. All I would do would hook it up to a splitter to get an enlarged view and it would only take a 3 ' hdmi to each tv. I don't know, I will keep checking.

Okay, I have the computer finished. I have an XFX 5830 plus an ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX motherboard with HDMI onboard. I have several problems with what I want to do. I can get the HDMI on the 5830 to be recognized and the DVI but when I go into duplicate it drops the resolution on the dvi monitor to lower than the recommended 1920 x 1200 to 1360 x 768 or something like that on both. I don't want to have my main monitor that low if I don't have to. What do I have to do to fix that?
The other problem is that I can't get my CCC to recognize my onboard HDMI, what am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom