Good Reason to stick with S754

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get what you pay for. I can guarantee you 939 will be faster and don't look down at the dual memory performance, you make it sound like there is no significance. There is a reason why people would spend $300 on a corsair XMS series, because it absoultely blows the chart away. Computer technology is like fashion, it is expensive when it first comes out. But, by the time it is cheap, it is OUTDATED already. Are you going to wear clothes from the 70's? Of course not, your living in the 21st century.

SOCKET 939...perion, exclamation point.

While U-Toast may come off a bit rude =) he is right, there really is no reason not to go 939.

ohGrFreak said:
LOL, I don't suggest you correct spelling errors until you yourself can differ between the words "your" and "you're". :)

I know the difference between "your" and "you're", if maybe I was writing a thesis I would bother with it. But really it's a common mistake and I was pointing out his grammar, not his spelling. I can read misspelled words, but understanding everything he was trying to say was hard.

geo3tech said:
AMD's not even making S754 anyway so why bother???

AMD SEMPRON

Why would AMD the faster of their new CPUs on 754 is they are not making it anymore?
And anyway The AMD64 3000 on 754 is faster than 939. So if you are going for that CPU and you are on a budget go for that.

Wall7486 said:
You get what you pay for. I can guarantee you 939 will be faster and don't look down at the dual memory performance, you make it sound like there is no significance. There is a reason why people would spend $300 on a corsair XMS series, because it absoultely blows the chart away. Computer technology is like fashion, it is expensive when it first comes out. But, by the time it is cheap, it is OUTDATED already. Are you going to wear clothes from the 70's? Of course not, your living in the 21st century.

Blows chart away? You build a PC just to get a good score on a benchmark and show how good your PC is compared to others? Good for you. But some of us look for the best price/performance ratio on certain computer parts so that atleast we can achieve a smooth performance in gaming. If i wanted to, i would get a FX-55, a 6800 Ultra (or X800xt PE) and $300 of Corsairs XMS PC3200 just for the hell of it. But without the money, I can't. Not all of us have the money.

Notice the junk in my sig? Most of the parts are savaged from old computers. It can play Farcry at Ultra settings and Doom at High settings with little lag. That will keep me company for now until i have to upgrade.

WHQL please do not flame me, I did not even talk shit to you. I never said anything about getting a new comp for scores, you're just putting words in my mouth. I was just arguing the fact that the person who started thread saying is a waste of money to buy a 939 socket. If you buy a 754 socket your just screwing yourself over, for future proof. Motherboards for 939 socket is so much cheaper now. Like one of the guy said, 939 is making 3000, 3200, 3400+. Why would you still buy 754. Prices have dropped for 939 already, you can get a socket 3200, with 939 socket for under
$300. I really don't appreciate you saying that I'm TELLING EVERYONE to go buy expensive parts. I am just here to give my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, then too bad. I am not here to please everyone, and good for you that you can turn garbage into something useful, because some of us doesn't even have garbage to start with.

Wall7486 said:
WHQL please do not flame me, I did not even talk shit to you. I never said anything about getting a new comp for scores, you're just putting words in my mouth. I was just arguing the fact that the person who started thread saying is a waste of money to buy a 939 socket. If you buy a 754 socket your just screwing yourself over, for future proof. Motherboards for 939 socket is so much cheaper now. Like one of the guy said, 939 is making 3000, 3200, 3400+. Why would you still buy 754. Prices have dropped for 939 already, you can get a socket 3200, with 939 socket for under
$300. I really don't appreciate you saying that I'm TELLING EVERYONE to go buy expensive parts. I am just here to give my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, then too bad. I am not here to please everyone.

Holy crap, did my post really seem like a flame? Well sorry if i offended you. Your opinion on Socket 754 seem quite harsh. Now saying "going Socket 754 is screwing yourself" is quite harsh, but then again it's your opinion.

Anyways, just think of the Socket 754 as a cheap way towards 64-bit. No flame intended, just giving my opinion.:cool:

Wall7486 said:
and good for you that you can turn garbage into something useful, because some of us doesn't even have garbage to start with.

Thanks for your opinion on my junk.

BTW, spelling my user name wrong can get me started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom