What power supply do I need to use a GeForce GTX 470

Status
Not open for further replies.
For your current CPU, with a GTX 470, You will be safe with a good quality PSU in the 500-600 watt range.

i would suggest this Link
$79.99

CORSAIR 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

Btw - if you can wait a little, the new GTX 560-570s are heard to be coming out next month. Around the same price but better performance, less heat / power consumption

Thank you very much. Since I am a bit noob with this is it possible for me to upgrade to Core i7 cpu with the motherboard that I have? or if not what is the best I can get for a Socket 775 for my motherboard

I am planing to do all this upgrade with my income tax next year so I want to get best of it.

unfortunately no, your board supports LGA775 Socket, and the Core i7 needs a LGA1366

You could always upgrade to something like this Click

I would go with a 650W decent psu like a corsair, Antec, Silverstone, OCZ, etc. Only because you seem to want to do more upgrades which will need the power.

Not all i7s are 1366, they also come as 1156.

Youre best quad is a q8200.... trust me i hate that fact!, but you can get any dual core like the one Hapx posted.
HOWEVER I would not put a lot of money into it as it is a dead tech. Try a used processor from a reputabile person... or wait for a great deal somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom