Graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

clark33

In Runtime
How can i tell which graphics/video card will support my motherboard? Can i just buy an expensive one and put it in and then be able to play good 3d games?

How can i tell which graphics/video card will support my motherboard? Can i just buy an expensive one and put it in and then be able to play good 3d games?

That all depends on the specifications of the rest of your system, (depending on your power supply size and motherboard) Can you post them or are you Unsure?

If you are unsure, Download a program called Speccy it's free and virus free.

Link here: Speccy - System Information - Free Download

Then post us a screenshot of what it displays :big_smile:

My board is an Asus P5G-MX, not sure what my PSU is though (im not beside my pc to check it out)! Is it a good mobo i have? One thing i did notice about it, there isnt much expansion room, just 2 or 3 slots.

Well to really help you we would need all the specs not just the mobo model. We really need the power supply wattage.
The good news is that your motherboard has a PCI-E Express x16 slot which means you can get as you say "expensive" graphics card.
The bad news is it is a mATX board (micro ATX) which means and depending on your case that you may not have enough room to fit it in there. I have a EVGA GTX 260 and it is 10 1/2 inches long and about half an inch thick.
So post back with those specs and we may be able to help.

An ATX Mid-Tower can fit a 5770, easily. Only if you have smaller than that, you will have a problem. We do not yet know what type of case he has. Mid-tower is the most common.

Hi,

Ok i've been inside my PC and it doesnt tell me what my PSU wattage is. Here are some more stats from Speccy on my machine:-

Windows 7 home premium 64bit
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @2.40GHz
2GB single channel DDR2@333Mhz
ASUS 95G-MX (LGA775)
313 GB Hitachie HDD
Createive X-fi audio processor

Is my setup (video card) good enough for running the latest 3d games?

You need your psu, but its not to bad of a setup..

look fotr this sticker and it'll tell you thed 12V amps too.
17-371-015-S05

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom