Video Card for 1.6 GhZ P4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...

Well I think that if all you can afford right now is a video card I wouldnt get a 9800 pro (unless you plan on upgrading the cpu in the future.)

The reason being is that I think your cpu will hold you back from using the 9800 pro to its full potential. So maybe a 9700 xt? Something one step below 9800 pro. But then again if you are going to upgrade the rest of your system sometime in the near future then by all means go with the 9800 pro. I don't own this card but I've never heard a bad thing about it. Good luck on your upgrade!

Well I think that if all you can afford right now is a video card I wouldnt get a 9800 pro (unless you plan on upgrading the cpu in the future.)

Yeah. I agree with wensicia. It would be pointless to get such a good card when the cpu can't handle it so it can't run at it's full potential. Divide the money up, if you have enough money :) .

9800pro and a 2.8 800mhz FSB P4 would do you very very well in HL2

probably 100+fps

I don't think so.. 100+ fps??? lol... Even with a 6800 ultra that would be hard to achieve.

I don't think so.. 100+ fps??? lol... Even with a 6800 ultra that would be hard to achieve.

well, he didn't say what settings did he? i recon with a 9800Pro u could have 1024x768 at medium quality and it would run reasonably well.

Raekwon said:
well, he didn't say what settings did he? i recon with a 9800Pro u could have 1024x768 at medium quality and it would run reasonably well.

I don't know dude. Some HL2 benchmark beedubaya posted around here (you're going to have to find it yourself) shows the X800 Pro with only 60 fps at 1024x768 at medium quality, not to mention the fact that the X800 Pro is twice the power and performance of a 9800 Pro.

do you know what hl2 is??? Ya it could run reasonably well, which is what. max of like 70 fps?? it can't get to 100 fps. seriously dude unless your playing halo on pc

my amd athlon xp 1.4 GHZ 618 mb's ram and a radeon 9600 xt 256 mb's worked with no lag with the beta.

ya.. about that.. you didn't give us any details on what settings it's on.
it could be on the lowest and be having no lag

Also, you did not tell us wut ur fps were. you could have like 40 fps and have no lag you know...

Ya it could run reasonably well, which is what. max of like 70 fps
Considering the human eye only see's a frame difference below 30 I believe it is and doom3 has a cap off point of 60FPS then I'd say 70FPS would rank in the 'reasonably' well category....I'm sure it'd lag down in the 30's but that's still incredibly playable....doom3 plays 800x600 resolution, high settings, no aa, no af and it plays in the 40's...goes down into the teens when there's like 4 zombies coming after me and throwing flaming balls but it's still 'playable'...normally I'd run lower settings for smootheness but I had to see the 'great' graphics...

ya.. about that.. you didn't give us any details on what settings it's on.
it could be on the lowest and be having no lag

Also, you did not tell us wut ur fps were. you could have like 40 fps and have no lag you know...

Couldna said it better myself.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom