Corsair H50??

Status
Not open for further replies.

EoADark

Baseband Member
So my computer recently went down the tube so I am upgrading to a Core i7 950, EVGA X58 SLI 3, G.Skill PI 3x2GB 1600 DDR3 and a Corsair H50.

What I would like to know is how far it is to bend the H50 tubes, because I have a Cooler Master CM690 Nvidia Edition and it doesn't have the best fan positioning for hooking up the H50...
So basically is it safe to bend them?

You could look into getting a H70, I've heard the tubing is easier to position thanks to a redesign. Also works significantly better than the H50.

Only problem is I have already opened it unless Micro Center takes them back, not sure...but that is about 30 miles away and the H70 is a bit out of budget.
But thanks for the quick reply

Ok. It's fine to bend the tubes, so long as you don't kink them. The more you bend the tube the smaller the inner diameter of the tube gets, which means it's harder for the pump to push the water through, and less water will flow overall. Less water means less cooling abilities, which means less heat is transferred from your CPU.

Bottom line is, if the tube starts deforming from its usual cylindrical shape then you've bending it too much.

The H50 is quite underpowered for an i7 if you intend to overclock.

The tubes and block will work in alot of different ways for different setups. I think youll be fine.

Spend a ton of money on your proc and 3 way SLi and you cheap out about as much as physically possible on a water cooling setup.

/sigh

not everyone can man up and put water inside their computer, at least not like we do... a H50 will do the job just fine ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom