Strange Problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

croSSeduP

In Runtime
Sometimes my computer when I'm online playing will suddenly blue screen and restart. The blue screen has some kind of a message on it, but it only lasts for a split second; no way to read what it says. It just blues screens and restarts. It doesn't give an error message after the fact, either. Very friggin' frustrating! Any ideas?

TG

Go into your bios and disable "Automatic Restart On System Failure" or something of the sort.

or

In Win7
Right click My Computer go to properties. Click Advanced system settings. Go to settings under Startup and Recovery. Under System failure uncheck the Automatically restart box.

Than get that code next time it happens.

Go into your bios and disable "Automatic Restart On System Failure" or something of the sort.

or

In Win7
Right click My Computer go to properties. Click Advanced system settings. Go to settings under Startup and Recovery. Under System failure uncheck the Automatically restart box.

Than get that code next time it happens.

So you're saying that when the computer shuts down, does not restart, when I do boot it, I will get the error message? Also, this is an XP machine. Thanks for the help!

TG

If you do this, the next time you blue screen it won't go away until you shutdown manually or it completes the memory dump. For XP the same general directions apply.

I found this on tom's hardware for changing it in XP
system>advanced>startup and recovery>settings>disable automatically restart and below in the same window select complete memory dump.
this will buy you some time to see the error message,also in event viewer under system log see for system error or save dump entry.

Okay, it finally happened, and I was able to read what the blue screen said. It said I should check to see that I have adequate disk space. More than adequate. I have two 160GB hdd. One of them is almost full, so maybe that is why it was crashing? After I rebooted into Windows a very brief message came up in the tray saying that I was running low on disc space. Moved a couple of LARGE files that were games from the nearly full disc to the nearly empty one. Maybe that solves it.

The error message also said to look and see if there was a driver identified in the "stop message". Near the bottom of the blue screen it said, "STOP: 0x0000008E (0x0000046, 0x8051963E, 0xA8406B0, 0x00000000)"

Next it said to try changing video adapters. Not sure what that means. Changing GPU's?

Then it said to check for BIOS updates. Also, not sure what that means.

Finally it said to disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. I went into BIOS after the crash, and I didn't see anything like that.

Any ideas what to do next? Thanks!

TG

Well then. Is this game 100% compatible with your OS? I had some similar issues with an incompatible antivirus software. Note that just because the box says it is compatible doesn't necessarily mean that there aren't any issues.

Well then. Is this game 100% compatible with your OS? I had some similar issues with an incompatible antivirus software. Note that just because the box says it is compatible doesn't necessarily mean that there aren't any issues.

Quakelive is a free game you play in-browser, and yes, I am 100% sure it is compatible.

QUAKE LIVE

TG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom