Looking for a good gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey MindoverMaster, is the Toshiba laptop I posted the best he could get for his budget? As far as I've checked, this laptop is the best. I've seen similar laptop for cheaper, only change is that the dedicated card is Nvidia GeForce 420M but as far as I've seen, HD Radeon 5650 is better.

Okay, MoM :D
Hmm, just a question, is there a laptop with dedicated and integrated graphics cards under 1000$? ( I heard that help increase battery lifetime and decrease power consumption significantly, by switching between them as necessary I suppose ). I haven't seen one in the price range of igi3blade.

Okay, MoM :D
Hmm, just a question, is there a laptop with dedicated and integrated graphics cards under 1000$? ( I heard that help increase battery lifetime and decrease power consumption significantly, by switching between them as necessary I suppose ). I haven't seen one in the price range of igi3blade.

The Core 2 Duo version of the alienware m11x has an intel igp plus dedicated nvidia gpu and starts at $800

Alienware M11x Laptop Details | Dell

Hmm that's good but :
1-The i5 and i7 versions don't have the feature of integrated card? The core 2 duo version has a 1.3 ghz dual core processor, which seems to be so slow unless I'm missing something
2-11'' sounds too small for me :D

The C2D version is slower, yes, but it can still play the latest games.

To keep it on less power consumption, with a beefy GFX card, you have to sacrafice something. To keep it under $1000 too.

Hmm that's good but :
1-The i5 and i7 versions don't have the feature of integrated card? The core 2 duo version has a 1.3 ghz dual core processor, which seems to be so slow unless I'm missing something
2-11'' sounds too small for me :D

The Core iX version has it too, for some reason I though it was more than $1k when it's actually $950

Well, I don't really mind getting a smaller laptop than 15", just no bigger, so I can take it to class.

Even 15" is a little heavy, IMO. I have a Dell Vostro 1500 that I bought in 2007. It was quite heavy. Then I got a netbook. This thing is light as a feather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom