Alienware m11x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flesh

Baseband Member
Hey guys. I was wondering if any technological exhibitions are taking place in the uk.. something along the lines of CES. I am asking because, I would like to see an alienware m11x first hand and I dont think its being displayed in any pc-shop showrooms :(. I know there are quite a handful of youtube unboxing videos but, imo, nothing beats hands on.

on another note.. any idea when usb 3.0 is gonna start appearing on laptops ?

Thanks in advance :)

A friend of mine has one, uses it in college for work, and for gaming. It's nice and is very surprisingly powerful for its size. I look at the thing (it's small but quite thick (giggity)) and I'm astonished at how well it can play some games, like Empire: Total War. I understand how it's done technically, and is of course possible, but it's just weird :p

If you have any specific questions about it, I'll see what I can do to answer them.

Oh, and USB3 has already appeared on a couple laptops I believe, though they'll be appearing on AMD-chipset machines sooner since Intel has been slow on the uptake, trying to delay USB3 in favour of developing their LightPeak technology (or something like that, I only read such things in passing).

Hey guys. I was wondering if any technological exhibitions are taking place in the uk.. something along the lines of CES. I am asking because, I would like to see an alienware m11x first hand and I dont think its being displayed in any pc-shop showrooms :(. I know there are quite a handful of youtube unboxing videos but, imo, nothing beats hands on.

on another note.. any idea when usb 3.0 is gonna start appearing on laptops ?

Thanks in advance :)

Some Best Buy stores carry the M11x.

thanks for the replies ! Best buy do advertise m11x on their website, but they have no outlets in Manchester :( I Google-maped their showrooms and Ill check it out if I ever go to Liverpool. :d I do like the model, but I'm wondering if usb 3.0 is worth the wait.

thanks for the replies ! Best buy do advertise m11x on their website, but they have no outlets in Manchester :( I Google-maped their showrooms and Ill check it out if I ever go to Liverpool. :d I do like the model, but I'm wondering if usb 3.0 is worth the wait.

I wouldn't wait for it. My system actually has two USB 3.0 ports and I have yet to use them for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom