Amd Gaming Platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tappen

Beta member
This is the best build i could come up with under 1350$.

Reasoning:

-According to reviews 6870 crossfire scales "AMAZINGLY". In benchmarks the 6870's either keep up to, or beat the Gtx 580 in average fps for the same price.

-I have tried to find the best bang for buck on a board with 2x 16 lane pci-e's to get the maximum performance available. (be it a 5% increase or not)

-I am on a budget so i did opt for the Amd, and as far as i can tell with an Amd board the only option i have for duel cards is crossfire.

Build:

Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB 7200RPM 32MB Dual Proc 3.5IN SATA Hard Drive OEM 5YR Mfg Warranty

OCZ GameXStream 850W ATX12V 24PIN SLI Ready Active PFC ATX Power Supply 120MM Fans

ASUS Radeon HD 6870 913MHZ 1GB 4.2GHZ GDDR5 2XDVI 2XMINI DisplayPort HDMI PCI-E Video Card x2

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Quad Core Processor AM3 3.4GHZ 8MB Cache 125W 45NM Retail Box

Kingston HyperX Blu KHX1600C9AD3B1K2/4G 4GB 2X2GB CL9 1.5V Dual Channel Memory Kit

ASUS M4A79T Deluxe AM3 ATX DDR3 790FX 4PCI-E16 2PCI SATA2 eSATA Motherboard

Question: Will this Cpu on stock bottle neck these cards?

Thanks for your help.

id go with an i5 build, it would simply be better for the same price.

also, dont get a OCZ power supply, get Corsair or nothing

what ram are you getting?

what case are you getting?

try to find combo deals on these parts, that alone could literally shave $120-$140 off the overall price of your build

id go with an i5 build, it would simply be better for the same price.

also, dont get a OCZ power supply, get Corsair or nothing

what ram are you getting?

what case are you getting?

try to find combo deals on these parts, that alone could literally shave $120-$140 off the overall price of your build

OCZ power supplies are actually pretty awesome, alot of my friends have them and I think I'll be getting one when I upgrade my rig at xmas.

Kingston HyperX Blu KHX1600C9AD3B1K2/4G 4GB 2X2GB CL9 1.5V Dual Channel Memory Kit - He listed that as the RAM he is getting.

As for the 965 Bottlenecking your Cards, I don't think so, but I wouldnt hold me to that.

I'd say the AMD build would be the best though but that's just me, everyone has opinions, but that looks like a nice lil rig'

OCZ power supplies are actually pretty awesome, alot of my friends have them and I think I'll be getting one when I upgrade my rig at xmas.

Kingston HyperX Blu KHX1600C9AD3B1K2/4G 4GB 2X2GB CL9 1.5V Dual Channel Memory Kit - He listed that as the RAM he is getting.

As for the 965 Bottlenecking your Cards, I don't think so, but I wouldnt hold me to that.

I'd say the AMD build would be the best though but that's just me, everyone has opinions, but that looks like a nice lil rig'

oh, dang... for what ever reason i saw the word " blu " and stopped reading from there, i thought it was a blu ray burner, thats what i get for being up at 4:30 am haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom