New 6- core build. Looking for opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm thinking

This motherboard:

Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H 890GX AM3 ATX DDR3 2PCI-E 2PCI SATA3 USB3.0 HDMI GBLAN CrossFireX Motherboard

Link

Hope about this...

CPU:
-AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 6 Core Processor 2.8GHZ Socket AM3 Retail Box

Motherboard:
-Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H 890GX AM3 ATX DDR3 2PCI-E 2PCI SATA3 USB3.0 HDMI GBLAN CrossFireX Motherboard

RAM:
-G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL Ripjaws PC3-12800 4GB 2X2GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Core i5 1.5V Memory Kit

Video Card:
-Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 850MHZ 1Gb 4.8GHZ GDDR5 PCI-E 2XDVI HDMI Display Port Lite Video Card V2

Hard Drive:
-Western Digital WD15EARS Caviar Green 1.5TB SATA 64MB Cache 3.5IN Hard Drive OEM

Hard Drive for operating system:
-Intel X25-V 40GB 2.5IN SATA2 SSD Solid State Disk Flash Drive W/ Mounting Kit

Power supply:
-OCZ GameXStream 850W ATX12V 24PIN SLI Ready Active PFC ATX Power Supply 120MM Fans

Disc Drive:
-Samsung SH-S223C 22X DVD Writer SATA Black OEM

Total price with price matching is.. $968.78 before tax and shipping.

How does that look to you guys?

Not that bad. I'd suggest going with Newegg for their combo deals... you should probably be able to shave off enough to get SSD. If you don't go SSD then do RAID with HDD if you want the multitask/program load times to not bottleneck your system too much.

Not that bad. I'd suggest going with Newegg for their combo deals... you should probably be able to shave off enough to get SSD. If you don't go SSD then do RAID with HDD if you want the multitask/program load times to not bottleneck your system too much.

Newegg sucks in Canada... We rarely get free shipping and shipping is expensive. However, we can pricematch at ncix and so it lowers the price.

Also as egg ships outa the US, it can be over a week to 2 weeks just to get it.

Edit even odder, we don't get bundle deals to search.

I would get this SSD if I were you: Newegg.com - OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD2-2VTX40G 2.5" 40GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
It has better write and read speeds, specially the write speeds 36MB\s against 270MB\s. I have a Vertex2 60GB and I'm very happy with it :D

Regarding the HDD I would get a WD Black. You're not going to be able to install all programs on the SSD, only 40GB, so you should have a fast HDD to load the programs that aren't installed on the SSD. The point of the WD Green Series is to store data, less power consumption but less performance, 5400 RPM.

Everything else looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom