How does this build look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKCzar

Solid State Member
Just any general suggestions or advice on it would be appreciated :).

Antec 900 Case with Win7 Pro 64bit for System Builders OEM
$209

Intel Core i5-760 2.8GHz 8mb L3 Cache
$208.99

Biostar Tpower I55 LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TPOWER i55 LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard

G.Skill Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x x2gb) 240 pin DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

EVGA AR GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi)

Corsair CMPSU-650TX 650W

Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB 7200RPM

ASUS Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW..etc

Total=$1108.91

Good or bad? Why? Thanks!

I'd stray away from Biostar. It's not that they're a horrible company that sells bogus part, there are just more reputable brands out there, like ASUS.

Second of all, the power supply is a very important part of your computer. I wouldn't recommend getting a Rosewill, as they're not known to be as good as Corsair, Silverstone, PC Power & Cooling, or Seasonic. Just look at the reviews on NewEgg for that Rosewill, they're not too great.

Are you planning on going SLI in the future? If you are, I'd recommend this- Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply . If you're not, that Corsair 650W would be just fine.

Otis, I've been reading up on Rosewell psus, and it seems that there are 4 makers producing the 6 lines of Rosewell psu.

The Libertine line, made by ABS are not too bad, though no tests can be found under the Rosewell name....

That said, for a 1156 i5 build, it probably shouldn't be used.

Also look at OCZ and some ThermalTakes.

PS... good discussion thread on Rosewill psu
Why do so many seem to hate Rosewill PSUs - Power-Supplies-PC-Cases-Case-Mods - CPU-Components

I agree with Otis. Biostar isn't bad, but ASUS and Gigabyte are a more reputable manufacturer.

Agree with the PSU's. You want a good strong one, not some cheap one. A cheap one could harm your computer.

Don't take Newegg reviews lightly. There are some computer illiterate people on there. Look at professional reviews ;)

I have the Corsair TX650. Love it. :)

I'll have to peep the article on Rosewells, thanks.

Aside from the fact it was a Rosewill, 43% of the reviews were five eggs and 37% were one egg, that was really what made me comment on Rosewill, plus I've never read or heard much good about them. I'm sure there are plenty of other brands out there who share manufacturers. I just tend to play it safe and go with what's known to be a good way to go and what I've experienced with my previous purchases.

^Same... Thats why I started to look.... seems they are the newegg house brand.

I'd might put one in to a older build... but not my main rig.... Or one thats important.

Alright another question the board you guys recommend was the ASUS one. How does the sli/crossfire get effected when the pcie slots run in 8x/8x instead of 16x/16x? Is it even worth doing sli on a board that can't get 16x/16x?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom