PSU Recommendation and question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
As I mentioned to MOM and to a few if you guys, I am running a dynex 430 watt psu.
It's about 4 years, and has done a great a job in 2 computers so far, but since putting it into my aerovx-e case...
It's been showing signs of wearing down finally, when I installed my new hdd from WDD and put in my other one and hook everthing up it was working fine.
Two days later I hear one of the hdd's spin down and come back on, I lost power to my LG DVD-RW burner and finally I just had to give the machine a day break.
I looked at the bios settings to find out what was wrong, all parts were functioning but cannot be sustained by my old PSU anymore...

So, I am just on the barebones for now, one main hdd, 1gb of ram and a video card and phenom ii x6.
I know some of you highly admire coolermaster and I would like to buy this seing as I am limited to 47.00
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power Plus RS-500-PCAR-A3-US 500W ATX12V v2.3 Power Supply
Yes, some people say it's DOA but I don't think they have correct voltage on it like one guy said on newegg.com had it happed to me once 3 years.

Anyway, my mother wants to repay me back for something I did for her she's not saying what, but I'll get the money when I get home on friday night.

Any suggestions would be welcome, also I am looking for a 500 watt PSU not looking to power hoover dam but just enough to keep the system stable enough and happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom