Ram Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark strike1

In Runtime
Hey Guys,

I have an old ep45t-ud3p motherboard with 3GB of DDR3 Ram. I need more RAM, however, the RAM that my board supports is no longer being produced. First off I did purchase new ram a week ago, however, it started to blue screen my computer. I'll post the ram I have and the ram I just purchased, however had to send back due to blue screening.

RAM I have:
Newegg.com - Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1800 (PC3 14400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KHX14400D3K2/2G

RAM I bought but had to send back:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM

Any tips guys?

Yes I set the timmings, voltages. I ran memtest86+ and that confirmed that the RAM I sent back was either defective, or my motherboard did not like the new RAM.

Remember this is an old P45 build, so the first generation of DDR3 used 1.9v, which is not available anymore.

I just need someone to state what I should do in this case, 3GB is just not enough these days :annoyed:

P45 really actually isnt that old in terms of generation and they can still utilize 1.65v DDR3. You said timings and voltages, but did you make sure you set the speed to 1600 or slower before running that memtest? Did you try running the new ram just by itself?

Also, i dont see what you could possibly be doing that is so RAM intensive considering i have only 1 more GB than you and everything i do is fine.

I run Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate and have to code and maintain five websites. As well as DBA related work in SQL 2010 for my job. Trust me 3GB just isnt cutting it with those two programs running.

I did try everything with the old RAM, I set it to 1600, even underclocked to 1333, messed with every voltage possible, even the NB voltage thinking the BUS needed more power. I probably spent a good six hours trying to stop it from blue screening with the new RAM, no such luck. Even with one stick in it would blue screen, and I tried every stick to make sure none were defective, they all blue screened. My motherboard just didn't like the new RAM, but I am hesitant to buy another brand/type due to my experience with these.

All you had to say was Visual Studio and i woulda understood.

Sucks the sticks where borked. Just figured id ask if you went through the battery of tests before RMAing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom