getting output to fit my tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alston518

Baseband Member
i have my new computer displaying on my 32" hdtv via the hdmi port. The display is not fitting on the screen though. I went to control pannel and went to display and then resolution and was messing with the different options ( 800x640, 640x400) and none of them seem to work. Is there another way to fix this so that it will fit on my screen?

On the TV, there should be a setting that allows you to make it different aspects. Wide, Cinema, Full, etc.

Can you get anything larger than 800x640? I do not think that is a wide resolution.

On the TV, there should be a setting that allows you to make it different aspects. Wide, Cinema, Full, etc.

Can you get anything larger than 800x640? I do not think that is a wide resolution.

i think that was the biggest i had seen, its at 800x640 and the start button is too low, i cant onlysee about half of it and the task bar at the bottom

What video card do you have? If it has HDMI, it should support a wider resolution.

it is the one that came on my motherboard, and its a ATI Radeon HD 4250, it is hdmi, is there a special place i need to go to change it, because i just went to control panel and then display and then screen resolution

Do you have the latest drivers from ATI's site?

Sounds like you don't have the correct drivers, just the default Window ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom