Gaming Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper_13

In Runtime
I would like to invest in a gaming headset, not looking for anything professional or top of the line either. just something that's good sound and solid built. i was looking at some options and i have narrowed down

- SteelSeries SIBERIA v2 Full-Size Gaming Headset - Red | Canada Computers (Steelseries Siberia v2)

- Logitech (981-000116R) G35 Surround Sound Headset (Refurbished) - 7.1 Surround Sound, Dolby Technology, 40mm Laser-Tuned Speaker Drivers, Neodymium, Digital USB Connection | Canada Computers (logitech G35 but they are refurbished)

- Creative FATAL1TY Professional Series Gaming Headset MKII (51EF0250AA001) | Canada Computers (Creative MK II)

- Creative Sound Blaster Arena Surround USB Gaming Headset (51EF0180AA001) | Canada Computers (Creative Arena)

- Plantronics Gamecom 777 Open-Ear Gaming Headset w/ 5.1 Dolby Headpone Technology (Retail Box) | Canada Computers (Plantronics Gamecon 777)

i really like the Gamecon 777 , Steelseries and g35 (but again its refurbished)

i figure maybe you guys tested some of these and have experience with them.

I have the G35, and i can say i have never found or used a better headset for gaming. I like that its USB - so if you have stock crappy sound card it really don't matter.

Also the Mic is extremely clear and loud for Vent / Ts

For music / movies / games, this thing dominates! I still get blown away a year later when i watch a movie in 7.1

The software it comes with gets the job done nicely. Bass / Treb / Mic adjustments and the voice changing can be fun

Only issue i know of is the drivers right now have problems with some setups. (Currently mine) If i install the software i cannot open my sound options to change between devices like G35, to my optical out (surround sound)or to my earbuds (when baby's in the room, oh ya...when you have them on you can't hear ANYTHING around you lol)

They still work fine, but the 7.1 will not work without the drivers installed.

Even tho its not on the list i figured i'd mention. i first bought the Razer Carcharias and, i returned them before the new headset smell wore off. They are horrible. more issues than i can mention.

Talked my brother and now my other friend into buying a set of G35s, Great headset.

hows the comfort, i hear that it isn't the greatest but it makes up for it in the sound. Well i wont be using the 7.1 as its not native anyways, i heard it has problems with games when it comes to 7.1 but good for movies and music. I still wanted to see if anyone has input on the Gamecon 777 and the Steelseries i heard theyre all just under the g35.

I can't say it was as comfortable as the Razer...but yes it really does make up for it in sound.

Its a little heavy and stiff feeling. Not enough to mark it as a Con i guess, but more than some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom