Starting to overclock--auto or manual voltage control?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AN answer depends on alot of variables.

For example, what hardware are you using? (motherboard,cpu,ram,heatsink,etc)

What are your goals? (computer uses, clock increases, etc)

YOu have to provide some more details because everything is different depends on the situation. If you only looking for a slight overclock you'll be fine on auto, but you need to have a good cooling solution, a cpu that can handle it (which most all cpuscan take at least a 20% OC now a days), a decent motherboard, some good ram, blah blah blah...

Details, details, details please :umm:

The Defaults should be OK with a small overclock but sooner or later you will be required to adjust some (if not all) of them as your overclock increases.

AN answer depends on alot of variables.

For example, what hardware are you using? (motherboard,cpu,ram,heatsink,etc)

What are your goals? (computer uses, clock increases, etc)

YOu have to provide some more details because everything is different depends on the situation. If you only looking for a slight overclock you'll be fine on auto, but you need to have a good cooling solution, a cpu that can handle it (which most all cpuscan take at least a 20% OC now a days), a decent motherboard, some good ram, blah blah blah...

Details, details, details please :umm:

Hardware is in the signature ;)

I'm basically overclocking for the same reason I tweaked my car... most people consider 332HP more than enough for a 3200 pound car, but 384HP (where it is now) is even more fun.

So, I successfully passed LinX for 20 minutes at a BCLK of 140. I bumped it up to 145; crashed LinX in 5 seconds; I bumped up VCore one notch. Now it crashed in less than ten minutes; after two bumps of QPI PLL, I got it to 19min29sec (so close!). I then bumped up QPI/VTT, which I expected would get it over 20 minutes (this is all based on Slaymate's guide), but it actually dropped to 3min37sec. What is up with that? Why would it have dropped so much?

Temps peak at about 60 degrees (I haven't turned up the fan to 100% yet... I'll bump it up as it starts to approach 70 degrees, as I like the computer to be as quiet as possible).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom