Computer Programming question

Status
Not open for further replies.

oaktree5489

Baseband Member
I have been interesed for some time in trying to learn how to program certain types of software and trying to modify existing ones. To do this I have found that some type of computer language must be used, but how to do that is still hazy for me. If anyone would like to decribe the process to me or if anyone knows a website that does this it would be greatly apprechiated.
Thanks in Advance

Use the programming forum. It's got several good links and resources. As for learning Python, it's a good language to learn how to program, and to do math with. But if you're wanting something to make applications I'd go with Java, or C# (Possibly C++ or C, but that'd be more difficult). Check the "Programming FAQ" post in the programming forum, you'll probably find it helpful.

The link to that post is here:
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31371

Okay.... this is more indepth than you probably realize. Depends on WHAT kind of programming you want to do. If its dbase type apps, or MS type you can always go simple with VB6 because its a fairly simple language. Get yourself a programming book, though, and thoroughly go over it. Keep in mind these books dont teach u everything just an understanding. From that point its upto your own messing around and reading the MSDN info. Then there is Oracle, C#, C++, C, .net, all sorts of crap... to many to name, really. Then, for example, games. Alot of companies have their own proprietary software based off of other languages.

Did you read the FAQ link...that's pretty much what it said :p
Heh, I'm glad you said that though, many people don't realize how much it matters about WHAT you want to do :)

Yeah, I got to do this crap at work :( It's mostly programming crap for industrial type. PLC's and HMI stuff, but most is very similar to VB.

Thanks for the input. Basically i was just looking for a frame of reference and u guys definatly know what ur thalikng about. Is what i'm trying to do is somehow modify an existing program. Real Player. Just for the Heck of it. But is what i'm trying to find out is how this is possible. Basicly my question is is how do Microsoft and the professional comp. programmers prgram their stuff. What type of language do they use. Some of u may have already answered that but i'm not sur what you meant. Also i was wondering if there is some type of software that can show everything ur computer is doing. Applications, Start up, programs, etc.
Thanks For ur help

I doubt you'll have much luck modifying commercial programs such as realplayer since the program is first compiled into an executable. To modify the code you would need the source code of the program.

Not sure of what program you need, I know there are programs that monitor what processes are running in the background but I'm not sure that's what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom