I can only use one USB port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidewalk

Baseband Member
What in the world is going on here? I just got a brand new G15 Logitech gaming computer and a brand new Logitech USB mouse as well. I have a total of 6 USB ports on my CPU, 4 on a secondary device (not 2.0), and 2 in the back of my new G15 (also not 2.0). Yet I can only use one of them? Is this a power overload? What could be the problem, here? If you have any questions, ask away. It's very annoying, thanks in advance if you have any idea.

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU
Intel Pentium D 930 3.0GHz
Presler 65nm Technology
RAM
3.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 268MHz (4-4-4-12)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 965P-DS3 (Socket 775)
Graphics
CTL 195UW @ 1440x900
512MB GeForce 8800 GTS 512 (MSI) 60 °C
Hard Drives
488GB Seagate ST3500630AS ATA Device (Unknown Interface) 34 °C

The PSU is a 550w generic brand. This is so annoying, I can't even charge my iPod/iPhone. :neutral:

That might be your answer, then. While the PSU should be enough to run your system, it is probably tripping. Show us a screenshot of HWMonitor, see what your volts are like.

My bet is that since you don't have USB2.0, there's not enough power for everything - IIRC the G15 has a built-in LCD as well as various other features which presumably suck up a lot of power.

The G19 even requires a separate power connection, so I'm guessing the G15 requires something near that amount of power.

That might be your answer, then. While the PSU should be enough to run your system, it is probably tripping. Show us a screenshot of HWMonitor, see what your volts are like.

2yljm11.jpg

My bet is that since you don't have USB2.0, there's not enough power for everything - IIRC the G15 has a built-in LCD as well as various other features which presumably suck up a lot of power.

The G19 even requires a separate power connection, so I'm guessing the G15 requires something near that amount of power.

Great point, but all six of the ports on my CPU are 2.0 (four in back, two in front).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom