updated BIOS-do I also need to update motherboard drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santuzzo

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I am not sure which one is the correct subforum for my request, so pardon me if this is not the right place.

Just recently I updated my motherboard BIOS (Asus P6T Deluxe).
After this update I sporadically get a Windows (I'm using WinXPpro) message saying something like 'this USB device is a high speed UBS device but is connected to a slow speed USB port...', but I know for sure that all my USB ports are high speed USB 2 ports, and I also have the BIOS setting right (HiSpeed).
I was wondering if this has to do with drivers that need updating?

Also, today a friend advised me to always update the motherboard drivers after a BIOS update. I looked on the Asus website, but there are no motherboard drivers to be found.

Does anybody know where I cna find those drivers? And do those include an update for the USB ports?

Any help would be very much appreciated, since I'm not very knowledgeable in the PC field (yet).

Thanks,
Lars

Did you select your Operating System?

I get this:
asusdriver.png

Those ARE the drivers. It has all drivers and BIOS updates. Chipset, Audio, LAN, etc. Click on the + on left and there are the drivers.

Yeah. Chipset controls all the I/O ports except video and sound. They have separate drivers, because they are made from different companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom