Sony Vaio Won't turn on? I need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailrider894

Baseband Member
My Sony Vaio VGN-FS775P/H had a porblem, where when i placed my hand near the audio/mic jacks, the computer would restart. I tested this to MAKE SURE this was what was causing the computer to restart. So i took the laptop a-part and checked connections, and all was tight on both sides of the motherboard. I noticed there was somewhere that looked like something had beens spilled inside of the motherboard. I am not convinced that this is what was causing the issue, because i have not drank anything around the computer for weeks, and the computer stays in my room where no-one ever goes. So i let the liquid stay, and put the computer back together. The computer is now not getting any power at all. Nothing turns on, no light, no anything. Anyhelp here? I am a college student and NEED this laptop.

You cannot take any liquid lightly. It could easily damage any small component. I'm afraid there is nothing you can do, unless it's under warranty. Unless someone else has a suggestion.

Well, I am not ready to accept defeat. It work perfectly for weeks with whatever liquid was in it. It is a very small amount, i have heard of people actually washing out there motherboards, is this an option?

Guess it's just me, never really heard of this method...at least not in normal circumstances. Also there could be a short somewhere? For the power problem, you're sure you connect backed everything in place? No lose ends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom