My Infamous Fan Case Mod! (Large images)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AND_YOU_ARE - In response to your question yes I did use splitters. The 80mms in the front were all 3pin connectors and my fan controller has 3pin connecters as it's power source. You plug 1 4pin molex connector into the Fan Controller and it powers the rest through the 3pin. You can get any kind of splitter, extensions or convertors at www.svc.com to connect 3 3pin fans together requires using 2 3pin Y-Splitters. Hook two fans up on one 3pin Y-Splitter..then hook the two fans on one pin of the 2nd y-splitter and the 3rd fan on the 2nd pin on the y-splitter followed by a 3pin extension and you have 3 fans all controlled by one line! In the case of my rear stacked fans I simply spliced the wires together so they run off the same power line...I only did this because the 2nd fan I used to stack on had a 2pin connection from an old Intel machine.

My Fan Controller is rated at 20watts per channel while most say 15-18 and I don't like the idea of 15 OR 18...I'd rather take my chances with a company that says 'YEAH 20 watts per channel straight up!' so thats why i went with them and knew it could handle the Tornado and multiple fans hooked to it.

ohh nice, I'll have to look at the aerogate's, but if it's got at least a 15watt per channel, i can split that with 2 case fans at least.. those use bearly any power.. Am I right?

Well usually the fans print on how much power they suck up. It'll say like 1.2a usually on the front sticker on the fan...to figure out how much wattage that is, you take it's voltage (which we all know the fans use the +12 line) so we multiply 1.2x12 = 14.4Watts, that's just an example as no normal fan will use 1.2a or result in using 14.4Watts for itself :p My Tornado takes up 9watts that's for sure....I don't have any spare fans around to look at the sticker but I know they always tell you how much power it sucks up but you gotta do a little math for the actual wattage. That's why I went with the Sunbeam Rheobus man, no thermal temp or LCD screen but guaranteed 20 watt per channel whereas like I said the rest say 15 UP TO 18 so you're kind of taking a gamble..hopefully you get the one out of the bunch that can easily handle 18watts...kind of like how some CPU's of the same type can OC better than others ya know? The Sunbeam has heatsinks on the power convertors so it can take that 20watts...I'm not sure if other fan controllers have that, wouldn't be surprised but was just pointing something out. Also it has a nice little cover on the bottom to protect against it grounding out against your CD-Rom or something like that. Good controller I must say. I love it. One of the only few that can actually turn your fans completely OFF....and it clicks when it goes off and the LED turns off...the LED's are RED from off-7v and blue from 8v-12v so it's pretty co0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom