MOBO quicky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it can handle socket A but only up to 333FSB so that is something to think about if you will want to upgrade in the future. That also has onboard video....do you absolutely have to have that, because there's no spot for a graphics card and if you ever want to add a graphics card you'll be screwed. Man I'm trying to get rid of a motherboard and if you're in the united states I'll mail that thing off to you. I bought the wrong board for my needs so it was only used once. It's $75 at newegg and after taxes and shipping cost me $85 so I'm selling it for $60 + $5 for a little bit of shipping.

The board I have is the Abit NF7-S2G it'll serve your purposes perfectly if you just want to download music, but it's a little bit more than the price range of that board you linked to. This board I have has a max of 400FSB so you could get a chip to fit those specs and RAM to go along with it. You'd need a graphics card though. Has all the components inside the box, manual, every single thing included and I know the board works cause I booted it up, found out it was the wrong board and took it out :p

the onboard video it has is:

Xabre 200 256-bit AGP8X GPU w/ 64M DDR400 Memory

So I don't know how good of performance you should expect out of that. I can tell you right now not great but it should handle CS but definitely not CS: Source

I've had an SiS board before and they suck man so realize you're getting a very 'value board' when you buy that and I wouldn't expect too much out of it. Let me know if you want to step up a little bit and I'll send you that spare mobo I got. I always do purchases through my dads website which is registered through the Better Business Beaurau so all transactions are secured processing.

All in all the board you got there is about sub-standard by today. Especially because it doesn't have 400FSB. And onboard graphics is never great as it is, it takes away from system processing muchless how good this unknown onboard will be. You won't be able to really upgrade that board in the future at all. Also if you read the first review if you do wind up getting it, clear the CMOS first

to tell you the truth i dont knoe much about mobos so i need a little help..ummmm ya something that would basically handle Counter Strike for example and like music. Basically always connected to something. im trying to find a mobo and a cpu for under 80 bucks but i know cpu's are expensive

im trying to find a mobo and a cpu for under 80 bucks but i know cpu's are expensive
Whoa you will not be able to find that cheap of a mobo CPU combo. I also have an ASUS board that's a little older....but do you have a spare graphics card? Actually I believe the ASUS has onboard graphics but that will suck and probably won't want to play even the old CS. You're going to have to spend a little more than $80 to get a mobo and CPU combo. I'll check into some things possibly, but do you have a spare graphics card you can use?

Nubius, you wouldnt happen to still have the nf7-s would you? and can you tell me all the features of it?

well you can give me the specs of the board, does it have an on board lan? so you think it can handle the cs stream? updated version and dling music?

Nubius, you wouldnt happen to still have the nf7-s would you? and can you tell me all the features of it?
I do NOT have the NF7-S I have the NF7-S2G which is COMPLETELY different so if you are looking for overclocking Leonidas, this isn't the board you want.

well you can give me the specs of the board, does it have an on board lan? so you think it can handle the cs stream? updated version and dling music?

This is a brand new board man. Nforce2 chipset, onboard lan handle the cs stream.....without a doubt man this thing is still in production which means the board is still considered relatively 'new' technology. If you want the complete specs you should look at the manufacturer website:

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=205

Has thermal protection of course so if your CPU starts to get hot it'll shut itself down safely, 6 channel audio, a gigabit lan (you won't even have a fast enough connection to even fully utilize a gigabit lan, that thing can handle a 10mbit line which is beyond T1 I believe), supports SATA and Dual Channel DDR400. The flashmenu that lets you flash the BIOS within windows works perfectly as long as you download the BIOS yourself and use the 'Update from file' function opposed to 'update automatically'.

It's a brand new spanking board with all the current and latest features, it simply doesn't have the overclocking menu in the BIOS like I thought it had and so I've already gotten the board that DOES have those options and now I'm trying to get rid of this board because I have absolutely no use for it and my friends are bums and can't afford to buy anything =/

BTW: I did find the drivers CD for the ASUS board, but the ASUS board is NOT anywhere CLOSE to the quality and stability of the NF7-S2G....

I sell stuff through my dad and I's online website....

http://www.27thavenue.com/catalog/NF7S2G_Motherboard-p-16480.html

There's the link to literally purchase the board. I'm not saying do it right now I'm just saying that's what it'd look like and how we do it. We accept all major credit cards and pay pal. I will not do any checks or money orders because I want the quickest possible transaction. I'd ship it as soon as the money came through. Let me know if you guys are interested because I REALLY need to get rid of this damn board =/

Also I'm going to have a brand new stick of 512mb Kingston Value Ram...my last one fried so I sent it to the manufacturer and when it gets replaced I'm selling it off and I'll do that for cheap to, so anyone who might be interested in THAT in the future let me know and I'll put you first in line ;)

Conclusion:
To fully answer it, yes onboard lan that'll support more than you could even give it, it's completely updated, and downloading music would be absolutely nothing to even worry about with this board. I bought it thinking it was for overclocking..but it has a different BIOS...that's the only difference....other than that I bought this board based upon using it for MUCH more strenous things than what you are planning on doing with it. Just look at the manufacturer website though to really see it up.

EDIT: Bah I hate editing already long posts...but Azn let me know what kind of chip you are looking to buy so I can help you pick the right one out for your needs if you decide to buy my motherboard. Remember this is AMD based not Intel so you will be doing a switch :D There is no rush for anyone to buy this board I'm just tired of holding on to it =/ In it's original box....IDE Cable package is opened but that's it, drivers, everything is in there, completely motherboard package.

bah two times now this happens, I'm trying to respond and the computer freezes but cursor still blinks? Third time typing this lol, lets hope 3rd times the charm. Anyway..I just sent it off today and it took my graphics card 2 weeks to be returned to me and they were in cali I believe and so am I...where-as kingston is in Tennessee....so having it back in 2 weeks would be nice. I bought it for $77......and it'll be a completely brand new stick I won't even unpack it because I intend on selling it. Soo anyway, to ship to chicago would be only a couple bucks cause the box would be tiny...so can you agree upon $65? I'll ship it, and I can't take too much off after all I have to RMA the thing in the first place so you'll be getting a brand new stick.

Like I said though it'll be a couple weeks atleast, but if you're interested let me know and basically you'll be #1 on the list and when it gets here I'll PM you or e-mail if you'd like right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom