Brand new bulid with strange problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

YsoL8

Solid State Member
Hello

I am doing a PC build for the first time and I'm stuck on this problem. When I hit the power button all the fans except the CPU fan spin for a few seconds and the power led blinks once. Then a moment later these fans spin for a few seconds and the power led blinks again. From time to time the CPU fan will join this pattern This pattern repeats until I switch off the power at the PSU. Additionally I get no indication of life from the Hard-drive, CD-drive or monitor (it stays blank - no bios and no OS installed yet).

I'm struggling to find a solution to this problem.

The following actions have either killed the system entirely, switched off the power LED or not changed the situation:

Removing all extension cards
Removing all ram
Plugging in case cables differently
Unplugging all case cables expect power switch
disconnecting case fans
discounting any/all of monitor, hard-drive, cd-drive
Checking for loose screws
Checking connections
Remounting CPU / CPU fan
Many combination's of the above

I've come to the conclusion that the PSU, motherboard or CPU might be defective but I don't know how to test for this. All replies are gratefully received. (I can give machine specs if needed)

I wish everybody would own a diagnostic card. This world would be easier.

You have a motherboard speaker in there? Did it ever beep at you? All RAM removed should make a repetitive beep.

Do you have another PSU around to test if this one is bad?

The manual states it does but I've not heard it ever, under any configuration.
I don't have a spare PSU to hand though I might be be to borrow an appropriate example.

And I may just know a place I can get a diagnosis card.

You would know if one is inserted, you have to do it. It is not built in.

yhst-90432262887525_2033_202764965.gif

This is what I mean. It would connect right around your front panel connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom