Help. Worth Upgrading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, I'm going to pick one up tomorrow then. And yea, I checked again and there is only 2 ram slots haha. I would typically order Newegg but I have the next 2 days off so I am heading to town to grab the 5570 and a HD! Can't wait haha. Quick off the subject question, how would I go about copying WoW over from 1 HD to another? If I download the entire client it will take 3 days.

I'm not sure. I think you can just move the folder in program files. But your user data is in AppData, a hidden folder in Users.

There are programs that will let you move installations, but I don't recall any of them offhand.

So I went to BestBuy today to pick up the 5570 and all they had were 5550's for $99 and 5770's. No thanks. I had a chance to pop open the case today and actually look at the stuff. The CPU is a Core2Duo E7300 2.66Ghz and the ram is 2 x 1GB PC2-6400. What can I expect to play when I pop in a 5570 with these specs? The mobo I am not sure of, I couldn't see any info on it and I can't boot up the PC to find out. After going into BestBuy I really kinda want to be able to play some newer games that I have missed.....

People should realize that Dell under rates their PSUs horribly to make you buy new ones later on. (For those in this kinda situation)
I played WoW in vanilla beta stages with a 9800XT and with the graphics engine being so dated i dont really think they could have upgraded it that much over the years. Anything above IGP should be good from GT220 5550 or above. That Vostra minus the ram seems pretty decent so slapping anything in there with a bit more umph should play WoW pretty decent. As for other games though, not to sure.

If you can buy something from Newegg.com because Best Buy over prices bad.

yeah i went to today to look at the video card prices, and believe it or not they actually sell a 5850 380$ and my corner PC store sells it for 270$ they lost their mind or something? i could get a 5870 for that price

So after shopping and comparing pros and cons of everything, I am going to build a PC from scratch. Going to buy a HD for the Vostro and use it to stream movies to the TV in the living room. Roughly $650 budget. Thanks for the input guys. I'll start a new thread before I order to get feedback.

Torrent talk is strictly forbidden on these forums, might wanna edit that out. You could have a decent machine for under 300 instead of rebuilding but your choice.

Opps! Sorry about that. I could upgrade RAM/PSU/Gfx/HD for $300~ in the Vostro or for $500 I can get a 5770, Athlon II X3 455, 4GB of Ripjaw, PSU, case.... You get the point haha. Am I wrong in thinking the new build will be a rather large leap ahead in terms of playing newer games like Fallout? I based all of my selections off Budget Gaming PC | Hardware Revolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom