1 of 2 monitors won't get signal after sleep mode/monitor poweroff/on

Status
Not open for further replies.

relikpL

Baseband Member
I run extended desktop on my ati x800xt video card. The VGA connected monitor is fine, the DVI LCD doesn't "regain" signal after I power it off, or when my computer comes out of sleep mode.

I can get signal back by manually unplugging and replugging the cable, or by going to catalyst control center, clicking on monitor 1 and then "swap display order only"

Both are workarounds only though, as I still have to set resolutions, main screens etc.

Bad DVI port? (just started using it after 5years lol)

Any advice would be much appreciated.

In Catylist, go to Display Options. See if choosing "Detect whenever CC is opened" works any better.

What is your card model? Did you try latest drivers?

Welcome to the forum... Have you tried swapping the cables.. if posible.

Could be a bad cable, or port

I run extended desktop on my ati x800xt video card. The VGA connected monitor is fine, the DVI LCD doesn't "regain" signal after I power it off, or when my computer comes out of sleep mode.

I can get signal back by manually unplugging and replugging the cable, or by going to catalyst control center, clicking on monitor 1 and then "swap display order only"

Both are workarounds only though, as I still have to set resolutions, main screens etc.

Bad DVI port? (just started using it after 5years lol)

Any advice would be much appreciated.

In Catylist, go to Display Options. See if choosing "Detect whenever CC is opened" works any better.

What is your card model? Did you try latest drivers?

ATI x800xt is the card running on the latest legacy drivers from ATI.

I tried your idea, and it didnt't help. The only thing that seems to work at this point is trying to find Catalyst on the black screen (since it's the default), dragging it over to my working screen and selecting either swap displays or rotate display. This somehow forces the signal back to the DVI connected LCD.

Restarts work too, but that's not a good solution.

Also, my VGA connected CRT runs at 75Hz, while the DVI connected LCD is set to 60Hz. Could this be the problem?

Welcome to the forum... Have you tried swapping the cables.. if posible.

Could be a bad cable, or port

Thanks, I'll try that when I get home from work.
Appreciate the help so far.

People actually still use CRTs? :lol: j/k

Hz should not matter. Does turning the CRT off and on do anything? Might be a faulty cable...

People actually still use CRTs? :lol: j/k

Hz should not matter. Does turning the CRT off and on do anything? Might be a faulty cable...

I love my CRT! The colors are great and I can get much higher Hz (up to 120) :)

Nothing changes when I turn the CRT off and on, but when I turn the LCD off/on it says no signal...

Going to snag another cable from work :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom