computer crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi
My computer crashes when i surf the net quite frequently, is there any way i can get some log of what the computer was doing and therefore get to know what the cause of the problem is?

Search google for an app called HijackThis, and it will process a log of everything your computer is up to.
If you see anything suspicious, check the boxes and click fix.

Also, press alt + ctrl + delete and see what process you have running, end anything that maybe suspicious.

And also, goto Start > Run > type 'msconfig' ( without the inverted comma's ) then click on the startup tab on the far right and uncheck anything suspicous.

If you are still suspicous, post the log from HiJack This on here and anyone on here would undoubtly give ya some feedback.

After all this, reboot and cross ya fingers.

- Delboy

Hi rookie1010, what OS are you using? I don't know about others, but if XP, go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer. Hope it helps :)

i am using windows xp, and i checked system event viewer and came up with the following error
"The device \Device\HardDisk0\D has a bad block.@
i looked up the microsoft help and they say i need to replace my hard disk, i just bought the hard disk this year :(, so i really need to replace it, if i do then what is the procedure,do you think i can get a refund easily, i got my hard disk from dabs(it is a western digital)

hey rookie1010 how do yuo get to the system event viewer? If it is what i thinks it is, that is i think it is a thing that shows every action ur computer is doing right now, than it woud be useful for somthing i'm trying to do...
Thanks

no, my system event viewer just shows previous actions taken.

i think you do through the same sequence as above, except insert a second step as power saving or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom