i5 overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

tleilax

Beta member
Hello,

I have Intel Core i5 750 (not overclocked) running at 3.2GHz.
I have swapped the default cooler with Scythe Ninja, which is being cooled by Nexus Cooler. There are also 2 other 120mm coolers in my middletower case.
Motherboard is EVGA P55. Graphics is MSI HD5850 TwinFrozr.

My problem is that the CPU temperature goes up to 95°C (200F) while gaming (Splinter Cell: Conviction, even Sims 3 :)), which is really high. Graphics goes up to 60°C (140F), that's fine. I measured the CPU temperature in Core Temp software.

34qk5fc.png

Any ideas what might be wrong? I don't believe this is normal temperature state.

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

Ya those aren't good you really want to stay below 80
It would be my first guess that you need to re-seat the cooler with some new heat paste.

No, turbo raises the multi and not the bclk. His bclk is 160 and his multi is stock at 20. With turbo on my multi shows 21. Only thing i can think of would be XMP, but even then it lowers your multi to make up for the raised bclk.

Thanks for your replies, today I bought new case (bigger one, aluminium) with more 120mm cooler mounts, so it should be better a bit. Also planning to remove the cooler, check heat pipes if they are not broken and apply new Noctua thermal paste.

For the CPU clocks - I've heard that WoW won't put the CPU into Turbo mode, so I disabled it. Maybe I've increased the clock a bit, will check it as well.

I will post later what I found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom