help please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the recovery partition probably cotains not only the o/s but the drivers and apps that came with the system. You can always back those up and then just wipe everything clean. As far as hard disk drivers, you're probably talking about MBD chipset drivers (IDE interface and what-not), however if you have a OLD hard drive, and I mean real old, they used to contain HDD info on special partitions on the HDD itself (modern HDD keep them in its own internal chipset). You can't really delete those, though, with fdisk because it wont be listed, or if it is would be listed as unknown and would not remove it. The only way to remove this partition is by writing zeros, but I wouldn't recommend that if you have a old drive unless you know the info to enter into the bios (tracks, clusters, etc).

Shumway said:
vance43211 he's not using the compaq board he's using his new ABIT so the recovery cd's won't work for him,atleast that's what i understand.

yes shumway, your right!!!

so so do i wipe my hard drive clean or leave the fat32 partition the way it is??? i dont know that much into hard drives and all that stuff.

no, that recovery cd was for your old motherboard and apps

you would have a serious conflicts if you try it to your new mobo

so just delete it and start over and get new software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom