Alienware aurora and a few minor noob questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What should I do in terms of overclocking? Should I overclock the CPU and GPU? how should I do this? And will companies tell if it is OCed if I send it back for repair? And if possible could you guys send me some links for videos on overclocking? I am a visual learner =).

and should I get the 6850 or 6870. People have recommended the 6870 but benchmarks dont show all that much of a difference and especially with OC. The 6850 is also $75 cheaper.

^Exactly, same way I'm not a magical fairy tail being.

So you say, hahahaha. Just kidding.

What should I do in terms of overclocking? Should I overclock the CPU and GPU? how should I do this? And will companies tell if it is OCed if I send it back for repair? And if possible could you guys send me some links for videos on overclocking? I am a visual learner =).

You can if you want. Just know anyone who gives you advice on what to do is not responsible for you ruining your hardware. You'll void your warranties and your hardware most likely wont last as long as they would if you left them alone. You can you look for overclocking videos on Youtube. But you're much better off understanding the BIOS, what the settings mean, and how to overclock properly, than you are if you just watched a video that tells you what settings to use. You've got to worry about temps and test system stability to overclock properly. It's not not all that hard and once you've learned it you won't forget it.

Yea I would never try to pin my mistake on one of you guys, and most likely I will leave it as is until I have a better understanding of everything. I read the thread and it says about raising the FSB spead a bit by like 5 mhz and the voltage to the right amount for the CPU. Seems a bit too simple. But if the hardware does brake will the MFC be able to tell that it has been overclocked?

I'm not certain, but your warranty only covers manufacturing defects (I think?). Ergo, should it break, the warranty wouldn't do anything anyways. I'd go for it (the overclock).

If the hardware breaks or fails, just RMA it and they'll send you a new one. Technically speaking YES they can tell if you've overclocked a cpu, but to do so they'd have to break it down, put it under a microscope, etc. In other words, not worth it for them. So they won't check. The only checks they do are to verify that the CPU is indeed broken.

I haven't read what the Egg will have on sale, but they are doing Black Friday all month long with different deals each day.

When I returned my Core Contact it took about three days before they credited my account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom