GTX 470 vs Ati 5850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the benchies, really helped out. its nice how they stacked the 460 there for comparison seeing i have one. and honestly ill spend that 60$ extra for the 6870 even though its not a night and day difference but still good.

check out the benchies on CIV 5 , the 460 Oc'd takes the 6870 right out lol and the 470 WOW!

EDIT: after seeing allot of benchmarks, the 6870 gets beaten by an overclocked 460 which i already have, what if i overclock the 6870, to which card would that compare to?

so for sure the 6870 then? or the 470? Any final thoughts or any more opinions before i go out and buy it

Keep in mind that the GTX 460 FTW is a heavily overclocked card vs stock 6870's. Also Nvidia was heavily pushing for reviewers to use those cards in the 6870 review so I would take every test using them other than Anandtech's with a grain of salt.

I haven't seen much about overclocking the 6870 one way or the other.

It's also worth mentioning that the 6870 is just ATI's upper midrange part. The high end 6970 and 6950 cards should be launching in the near future and should off a more noticeable improvement compared to your GTX 460.

Thank you for the info, well i went originally from a 5770 to a 460 where i gained 20% performance boost and paid an extra 50$ now im gaining roughly a 30% performance boost for an extra 60$, plus it will make the computer look cool!

Just a side question: in the Nvidia control panel they have setting for gamma and digital vibrance i know the CCC control panel had gamma control but not digital vibrance, is there anything that would achieve the same effect? and someone mentioned that Nvidias Oclousion somethign along those lines makes games look nicer?

cheers

Digital Vibrance is on by default now (been there since G3 cards) and so is gamma control as well as gamma AA. Not sure about Ambient Occlusion. Basically all i do is set PhysX to my 465, set High Quality, turn AF to 16x forced, and max performance power setting and im done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom