Project: EVGA Classified SR-2 Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Casters hidden by the molding?
Mostly.

CasterHidden.jpg

The casters are tucked-under the case pretty far, so you won't see them. More importantly the beefy molding will be a convenient hand-hold in order to safely carry the case up and down stairwells.

Well you wouldn't want it to drag across carpeting either now would you. Hopefully this won't have to go upstairs. That'd be scary.

It looks very good. Looks like the rest is mostly the internal mounts, no?

Wow.. Just plain wow.. I do have a question - Wood. Is there any reason other than the amount of workability? By which I mean, did you pick it just cause you didn't have enough metal working equipment?

Still - Absolutely amazing - I do however think you should of stained it a really nice dark stain colour instead of black - Guess it isnt my case though.

Last thing - How much is the thing gunna weigh??!

Wow.. Just plain wow.. I do have a question - Wood. Is there any reason other than the amount of workability? By which I mean, did you pick it just cause you didn't have enough metal working equipment?

Well I don't think he lacks metal working equipment since the whole inside is mostly custom metal brackets. Correct me if I'm wrong but the main reason for wood would be because it looks good. It's clean, beautiful, and timeless. And lets face it, a metal case of this size wouldn't match your furniture would it? :p

The last bit of fabrication is on the top of the case, made from 3/4-inch oak veneer plywood and solid oak edging. Edging was glued and scraped flush to the surface of the plywood.

TopWithEdgeMaterial.jpg

TopEdgesGluedAndScraped.jpg

The top is removable. To help with re-aligning the heavy top to the carcass some guide blocks were glued to the underside of the top...

TopGuideBlocks.jpg

...and four threaded inserts were installed.

TopThreadedInserts.jpg

BottomOfTop.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom