Upgrading Computer Graphics and Need Suggestions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxLightning

Solid State Member
Yo guyz,

my computer's been around for a while now and its graphics card, ATI Radeon HD 2400, is gettin' real old. Everything else about it such as the quad core processory and 2GB of RAM are fine. But as you probably can guess the G-Card is holding my gaming back.

I need to know if the nVidia GeForce GTX 260 or the nVidia GeForce 9800GT are any good for playing games such as Call of Duty 6...

Thanks for the help :p.

I ain't too sure about the model. But it can supply 450W.

I had a look at the models you mentioned, 450 seems to be around for the same price as the 260. Will 450 be able to play CoD6 on max graphics?

The 260 is 2yrs old and hasn't dropped in price. So it's kinda a mute point on not buying it. I'm not too knowlegable on COD so, i'm just going by reviews, but Toms has COD2 in the review link below.

Really the 450 is a good card, but if you want best bang for your buck, you might want to switch to ATI.

Here's a great comparision of the cards: Test System And Benchmarks : Nvidia GeForce GTS 450: Hello GF106, Farewell G92 and Toms is pretty reliable. Basically, newegg makes cards better or worse based on their sales, as performance is close, and the costs are simular, so if you get a good sale, one card gets that much better.

Heres a great deal, at 149, but 125 after mir, AND a double lifetime warrentee.
Newegg.com - XFX HD-577X-ZMF3 Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Thanks for the helpful post bro. I might just settle for the card you showed me, is that the best I could get for that price? And will it be able to play new games? Maybe Split/Second or CoD7 or Blur... etc.

Well I'm 17 and in college in the UK. If I save up enough EMA... well I guess its about £100.

I don't know the difference between GT, GTX and GTS? and is the card you mentioned better then 5770? 'Cause by the looks of it that's what I'll be aiming for.

Under most circumstances, no, but it's much cheaper. In general, though, NVidia cards do much better in modern games so you might see a little better performance. GT is either low-end newer cards (GT 430) or high-end older cards (9800 GT), GTX is high-end newer cards (GTX 460), and GTS is mid-class newer cards (GTS 450). I don't know much about pricing in the UK, though, so can't help you there (to be honest, I can't even differentiate a Euro from a Pound). If you're on a budget but would really like to see some performance in gaming, then the GTS 450 or HD 5750 are probably what you are looking at.

The 5770 beats the 450 even in modern gaming... just look at the reviews... In the UK, the 5770 is about 110-125 pounds with vat. and a 450 is about 90-115 pounds with vat.

So the 5770 does do better in games and such, but is 10 pounds more, which honestly is about right.

So its up to you, at 100 pounds youre best with a 450... And it should be runable with your 450W psu.

Alright, thanks for the help guys. I settled on a Ati Radeon HD 5870 for about £110, though I gotta beef up the power supply lol.

Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom