Aerocool Vx-e finally finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
Seing as how my raidmax typhoon case I bought 2 months ago, became ruined for unknown reasons I had to move the parts into a sturdy case.
The price for the ATX mid tower was under 50.00 with 9.99 s/h ups 3 day select.
It wasn't easy to setup because you had to build the hdd cages and making sure the mobo lines up perfectly in the mounting holes already prebuilt into the pc.

I added a system tempature monitor from logistics, it wasn't for all show and glory I do like to keep an eye on the cpu and system chasis just in case things become warm from some unknown reason.

I will post in the wire management thread this evening, little tiny fan wires should not be near a 140mm fan.
For the noise factor, it's a little bit louder than xclio full tower but thats because of one 140mm fan in the back thats making a ruckus.

Other than that, it pretty much shuts up during the night and part of the morning and go's right to work when I have stuff for it to do. ;)

44439748.png

68875553.png

63209118.png

32199779.png

11657728.png

92355089.png

81141111.png

87067843.png

31283251.png

Build the HDD cage? :umm:

Any computer you build, you do have to line it up on the standoffs.

You could do the same with software, CoreTemp, RealTemp, HWMonitor, etc. But whatever you want.

You do know that you need wire management bad... Unless you cleaned it up after these pics.

Nice doggy! :)

@Mind: Yes aerocool expects you to put together a kit to mount your hdd's and floppy's drive into the case.
Look at the case pic again, it couldn't be helped.

2.I plan on taking off the back off 140mm in the back because it's to loud and yes the cpu temp fluctuates incorrectly. with the fan by it.

I use coretemp already I bought this real temp guage to make sure everything is "accurate" even when I am not in windows, linux, or even Boot cd startup...

@Muffin I can't turn around the heatsink fan even if I wanted to my 770-C45 won't allow it without problem major problems.

I plan on buying a new blu-ray burner to replace the ide drive, hopefully this chirstmas.

Yea, I just noticed that. you want the air blowing over the fins, not sucking it.

it's not that the fan is "sucking" air through the fins, the fan is still blowing through them but in the opposite direction (it's blowing air into the drive bays). so right now the hs fan is fighting for air with the rear exhaust fan.

if you can't turn the heatsink 'round, maybe you could try removing its fan from one side and ghetto rigging it to the other side so that it can more effectively cool your cpu, that might be where your cpu temp. fluctuations are coming from, maybe.

Well since my side panel in the middle is grated in the middle, I'll snatch the back off the fan and put it on the panel just like the typhoon was.
When I left this morning after I posted, the cpu temp was at a low of 24c even under medium load of both F@H clients going on.

Abou the wire manangement I have some zip ties and I'll take care of that problem late tonight.
When I get in home in 4 hours I got to cook a roast, cook lunch, and breakfest and pack up a camaro for my mothers work week and be gone all day tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom