In game lag/freezes RAM related?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try rolling back your graphics card drivers, if this doesn't help then I'd say you have a bad card by the sounds of things. Good Luck.

Ok cool, they actually have a newer driver (260.99 vs. 258.96), should I try that first?

Edit: holey crap, I installed that new driver, and instantly I've noticed a difference, I haven't even played yet, but normally when I open the game, the mouse and the menu (like when you hover the mouse over a button and it changes color) are usually super super laggy, like for 1 second i can move the mouse, then 2 seconds it's frozen, I usually click play, it freezes then i click select gametype and quick choose a gametype then it goes in and out of freezing for a minute or so, then it joins a game, but this time, it launched the game, and bam, no freezes at all whatsoever, it's an incredibly huge difference. I'll keep you guys updated on what happens next.

The new driver helped overall, and now the menu doesn't freeze at all, even at launch, literally not even a bit, but periodic freezes still happen, so I'm not sure what's up. The temperature only reached 77C 170F which is actually better than it used to do, but maybe that's just because the air in the house is cooler now, I'm not sure.

Does this still sound like a bad card?

Edit: the processor used a maximum of 72W in game and the max rated is 90W, it's temperatures aren't going above 38C 100F

Edit 2: I've got an idea, this is something I didn't think of before, maybe the power supply's voltages are going too low under high current draw? I'll play again for a while and see what the minimum voltages turn out to be.

Edit 3: Doh, that was futile, It wouldn't freeze and the max voltage drop was the processor core and it was from 1.18v max to 0.94v min

Here's a video of one of the freezes after installing the new driver, I played for about an hour and a half and this was the best freeze I got:

(it's only 17 seconds long)
YouTube - COD Freezes

Maybe COD6 just sucks and Black Ops will be better? I'm not really sure I understand how a defective card can cause these freezes but work so well the rest of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom