ISO files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denysy1

Baseband Member
I have an iso file of a program and I tried to burn it with Nero Burning Rom, but when I try to open the burned cd-r (run it...) I only see the same ISO file inside that I directed NEro to burn. I thought that ISO is when all the files from a cd are put into one file (for convenience I guess), and that when I burn it I would get all the files on the cd the way they are supposed to be so I can install my program. But this didn't happen. Where am I wrong and how do I burn this ISO file so that I can install the program.:confused:

What version Nero do you have??? Go to the Linux section, there are questions like yours there it may help.

alchohol 120% is realy good, but its more for copy protected cd's.

if its just a .iso file, nero can do it just fine... dont burn it like a 'data' disk... either 'burn image' in the wizard. or exit the wizard and go to /file/burn image (i think i havent used it ina long time).

I had that same problem with nero. I'm sort of glad I wasn't the only one who couldn't figure it out either.

OK...I was lazy and should have posted this early on:D For Nero 5.5 this is how I burned ISO files for Linux.
Loaded Nero burn program
Click on new
Click on file
Click on burn image
Click on filename.iso (this is the file to burn)
Be sure on the last window with the filenames that in a list of boxes that may be checked, check write and check finalize.
Hope this is good and anyone please refine or include Nero 6.0 instructions which I understand are easy.

I tried to do it with Nero once more but it didn't work (it said that it could burn the CD with given options or something....) so I downloaded Alchohol 120% and it did the job.

thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom