Questions about alienware desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackViper

Beta member
I found someone selling an alienware desktop pc in the local paper for $100 saying it's broke and won't turn on. My gaming pc is getting a little old now and has trouble running newer games and was thinking about buying this computer seeing how it's probably a broken power supply or he moved the computer around and knocked one of the cords loose. My main question being since I've never really looked at the inside of an alienware computer are most of the components integrated? If I can't get the computer up and running I would like to at least use some of the parts for when I buy a new pc.

Depends on the model and the age of the Alienware since each one practically is different. I think most of the modern ones (like 07+) have standard parts that arent proprietary and are normal like the ones you can buy off Newegg.

No part of an Alienware is intergrated otherf than the NIC.... But that said, you need to know the model to find what the insides are.... As it could be 100 bucks worth of junk.

Alienware or any other box computer maker doesn't manufacture parts, they only build them, advertise them, and provide limited customer support. I think back in the day they may have shaped parts differently than standard form factors (RAM with notches in non-standard places so you can't mix and match), but anything that looks even a bit modern will be perfectly okay and you'll be able to order parts for it with no problem at all from Newegg.

Beware though... you'll likely end up sinking more money into that Alienware that it's worth. Alienwares aren't anything special, mostly just marketing propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom