OCZ 3.5" SSD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

roweder

In Runtime
A little pricey at the moment, eh? I don't know how that would be faster, if it is the same architecture. Theyre both MLC.

yea I don't know, I thought maybe a larger construction could maybe increase reliability? I really have no idea, but I wouldn't have to goof around with a 2.5-3.5" adapter. Maybe heat dissipation would be more efficient? No idea, but there's got to be some advantage to making them larger, 2.5" drives are so freaking tiny

yea I don't know, I thought maybe a larger construction could maybe increase reliability? I really have no idea, but I wouldn't have to goof around with a 2.5-3.5" adapter. Maybe heat dissipation would be more efficient? No idea, but there's got to be some advantage to making them larger, 2.5" drives are so freaking tiny

SSDs are already durable and they don't generate any heat so the larger size wouldn't help any of that. I'm guessing based off of the price difference between the 2.5" and 3.5" agility 2 drives they may be using lower density MLC cells in the larger drive to cut costs but really it's hard to say.

It has piqued my curiosity though, if I see a definitive answer about what they are I will be sure to report back.

Take a look at their RevoDrive's. 540/490 on the originals, 740/690 on the x2's. Plus they are PCI-E x4, not SATA.

PCI-E, Trotter? This is a 3.5 SSD, not a slot one...

Yeah, I know. What's the problem with them? The speeds of the RevoDrive's are way faster than current SSD's, plus it will leave the hard drive bay open for storage. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom