In game lag/freezes RAM related?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my computer refuses to boot from that file, I keep selecting my CD Drive, and it just boots windows! does it have to be on a CD ROM? I have it on a DVD

It needs to be on a CD, I believe.

And please do not put the ISO directly on the CD. You need to burn that ISO file to CD.

Ok, we don't have any CD's left in the house (smiley smacking itself in the face), I tried 2 DVD's already (burning) and it didn't work, then I tried a flash drive and it said missing operating system (another smiley smacking itself in the face).

Do you think a flash drive with the binary file would work?

Edit: That did the same thing, missing operating system, but at least it told me that instead of just booting windows

you need to specially burn the iso onto the pen drive. I've never seen that done, though. You cannot put the ISO file itself on the CD/DVD, so it cant be d:/memtest.iso

Well, the DVD I made with that website's advice worked, it ran once and started a second run, but I stopped it, I'm going to let it run all day tomorrow when I'm at school, hopefully that'll find any issues if there are any.

Did you read my earlier post? Does it seem to you like my computer should have enough power to play MW2 in 1920x1080 without pauses or freezes?

this is the post I'm talking about:

they're like the screen has frozen then recovers, it will stay frozen anywhere from .5 to 3 seconds, but it never shuts down after them, it just continues as if it was internet lag, but there is a clear difference between them and internet lag and they will happen when I'm host. They don't happen that often, but when they do they always continue to happen one after another every minute or so. Does this sound like a RAM issue to you? Do you think it would be unusual for my setup to be insufficient for MW2 in 1920x1080?

Okay, I'm calm. I was just wondering if you were waiting for the outcome of the ram or had missed what I had written, I'm not getting anxious or angry at all. I probably should have worded that response better.

Your computer has more than enough power to run MW2, it should run circles around it, lol.

Looking at this from a software perspective, it's possible there may be a rogue process mucking things up, I've seen it happen before. Something that spikes CPU usage maybe. I would check your processes to see if there's anything odd running, also check your msconfig for any weird programs in the startup menu.

Also, the results from the memtest will tell us if it's hardware related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom