Good Reason to stick with S754

Status
Not open for further replies.

livingdaylight

Baseband Member
Hi Everybody

I was wondering Why i sould pick the S939 i hear everywhere that it has better upgrade skills and its bit faster etc.

But consider this not only for me but for most other poeple who was thinking about getting an new PC.

the most of us still stick with older PC's with maybe P3's or bit higher and are looking to get new pc with new components right?

But what of use does it have to buy a expensif socket 939 CPU with a rather pricey mainbord, becaue most people want just 2Ghz or bit higher and who cares about dual memory its not that big defference in performance and most of us don't want all that high end Pc's with super mega fast graphics prossesings and also manny people
keep there new system for about 3/4 years in meanwile in that time newer mainbords and sockets are availble and even better CPU's up to 4 Ghz of higher and also in that time we got to move on better system because newer applications and newer technologie becomes avaible to us

So many people would buy a newer system soon ass possible because they lack the power of there system for todays gaming and applications and why could they wait for a year two for the socket 939 to or maybe newer sockets to become cheaper its not worth the waiting.

Wroth this little story for people who also stil thinking what to choose between a socket 939 or much cheaper socket 754 CPU's and mainbords.

If you would like to prove that iam very wrong lets hear it.

Anything that you put in your computer is pretty much your preference.

If you feel that you only need so much performance from your computer, then don't get the best. And if you wont use the upgrade possibilities of the S939 then go with what you can afford and what will fit your needs.

Your not wrong. Just grammatically incorrect.

I went with Socket 754 because 939 was just too darn expensive when I built. It was like almost $600 for a processor when I could get a socket 754 for like $200. My socket 754 will get me a few years, but I am planning on building a new rig for Unreal Engine 3 anyway. =)

Exacly as you said FOR a FEW YEARS meanwhile there would be a huge price drop for most 4 GHZ and there mainbords so its bit of pointless to buy a high end system now.

how mny times i gota say this?!? there is a search button, u dont need to post it again... Here i go again. AMD NOW has 939 cpus in all ve3rsion: 3000, 3200, 3500. No point into getting 754 anymore. The mobos are same price: av8 3rd eye 130$ is best one u can get...
You also have dual channel on 939, and much better possibilities of upgrading

U-Toast said:
how mny times i gota say this?!? there is a search button, u dont need to post it again... Here i go again. AMD NOW has 939 cpus in all ve3rsion: 3000, 3200, 3500. No point into getting 754 anymore. The mobos are same price: av8 3rd eye 130$ is best one u can get...
You also have dual channel on 939, and much better possibilities of upgrading

Look at the 3400+ and 3700+ potentiols. They are similar to their counterparts, yet are half the cost. Although they lack Dual Channel Capabilities, their extra cache makes up for it.

seriously livingdaylight, you're kind of outdated. you should first check all your sources before you post a nonsense, totally wrong, misleading post. S939's are not only for 3500 or higher, they started producing
s939 for 3000,3200,3500, just like what U-toast said. if you look at it compared to the s754, they're the same price. Think about it, would you get a lamborghini or a hyundai, at the same price???

Please. don't post anymore topics concerning S754s and S939. There should be no dispute over this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom