XFX Radeon HD 5770 POST delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
I have a XFX Radeon HD 5770. Other specs in sig.

When I start up the computer from a shut down, The computer turns on, fan runs, and after ~10 seconds, the video goes on. This isn't like it turns on at Windows splash. It's like the computer never started until the video kicked in.

I read around Google. I saw that this was an issue with a NVIDIA chipset, and an ATI card. Now, I know this shouldn't be an issue between the two. I saw that updating the BIOS may fix this delay. So I went on the ASUS site, got the latest BIOS version, and flashed it, with no gimmiks. It still does it.

I did see in BIOS, that the Express Gate was on, so I disabled that, because it would never come on. Nothing changed. I looked thoroughly in BIOS, but I'm afraid I'm missing something.

It's not any problem, just a bit annoying. Anyone know?

Strange problem, I've had something similar to this, but that's only when my computer goes into hibernate mode, have to wait for someone else to answer, I'm still a nooblet however i am now a "Super Techie" :wink_tongue:!!

By the way, is this only a recent problem or has it been doing it for a while? Might be a long shot but try reseating the card sometimes the simplest things can fix the most simplest of problems.

It has happened since I turned this thing on. I though it was just BIOS reconfiguring itself. I'll try that later today.

I thought you said "reseting". Like, how do you reset a gfx? :lol:

It has happened since I turned this thing on. I though it was just BIOS reconfiguring itself. I'll try that later today.

I thought you said "reseting". Like, how do you reset a gfx? :lol:

Lol :) Hopefully it'll sort itself out, Also, why did you get a 5770 btw, if you have an nvidia chipset I thought you might have wanted to Sli Some gtx 460's or something :)

I have a XFX Radeon HD 5770. Other specs in sig.

When I start up the computer from a shut down, The computer turns on, fan runs, and after ~10 seconds, the video goes on. This isn't like it turns on at Windows splash. It's like the computer never started until the video kicked in.

I read around Google. I saw that this was an issue with a NVIDIA chipset, and an ATI card. Now, I know this shouldn't be an issue between the two. I saw that updating the BIOS may fix this delay. So I went on the ASUS site, got the latest BIOS version, and flashed it, with no gimmiks. It still does it.

I did see in BIOS, that the Express Gate was on, so I disabled that, because it would never come on. Nothing changed. I looked thoroughly in BIOS, but I'm afraid I'm missing something.

It's not any problem, just a bit annoying. Anyone know?

If this is the system in you sig it has a Intel chipset not nvidia. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom