Programming Laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh.. I apologize for not really going into much detail about what I want/eventuallywillneed my laptop for.
What I require is something that could get me through college. Now maybe we can get something above $500 but thats getting into my expensive range.
I havn't really programmed much and this is my personal present when i learn to program a few languages.
I'm going for VB(.NET), C(++), Python, Java, etc.
It needs to be able to have some crazy storage space.
But what I'm supposing on now is between $100-$800. I'll get the money somewhere.

BTW my future plan is going into Google. And I'm learning all I can before college!
[Thanks for the interesting reads btw!]

You can always get a low HDD in your laptop and buy an external or SATA hdd and enclosure.

I expect you won't be needing all this storage all the time.

Probably not. In fact I was considering external hdd's but also want good space on the computer also.
HDD will have all the important stuff and backups.
Computer will have the rest.

for going to collage type laptop, I would keep it at 500ish +- 50 bucks.

A good i5 setup is more than plenty power right now, and going full bore on a 1000+ dollar system which will get banged and bruised isn't smart. This way in 3yrs you spend anoter 500 on a system, which will be much better, you'll be golden for a few more yrs.

And definately externals or even a NAS setup with ftp. This way you get tons of storage, and the ftp means you never forget stuff.

oh btw Welcome to TF

If you don't mind going refurbished these Latitudes from the Dell outlet are a nice deal. Also you can get 15% off plus free shipping with coupon code N?WBNZ394B?XLH

http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnlineSales/Online/SecondaryInventorySearch.aspx?rn=9438&SC=&c=us&cs=28&l=en&s=dfb

I avoid Dells like the plague... Seriously, I work on campus at our IT department, and students bring in more Dells than any other laptop. Usually is a problem with the laptop itself it seems like...

I don't feel welcome in this thread I have an expensive college laptop that's a Dell. LOL I like to think I have an exception and honestly I think I do. I needed this pricey one for what I'm mastering and Dell is what the school supplies. Not to mention this laptop seems to have been built better than the rest of Dell's line.

I personally think some Dell's are okay, but it depends on the model you get :)

I'm actually getting a dell laptop soon for free, Single core, 2gb of ram, Will be upgrading it to a dual though. :)

ZOMG IM A SUPER TECHNIE NAO !@@!@!@!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom