Looking for a good gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please let us know how you like the lappy when you get it- I am also looking for a gaming lappy to purchase in the next 4-6 weeks. I have a i7 ASUS in mind- but it is a few hundred over my budget. The build you have is perfect for my budget= $1000.

Hey it's a great decision to buy a laptop! They're portable and even better when you can game on them. That's a great laptop there for gaming, I was thinking about getting it but now i'm leaning towards a cheaper one with around the same specs and some better for a better price :D (if you want to check that out go to the link i posted) good luck! ASUS IS DA BOMB Newegg.com - ASUS K42 Series K42JV-XN1 NoteBook Intel Core i5 460M(2.53GHz) 14" 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 500GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M

Hey i3igi3lade - did you purchase your lappy form cyberpowerpc Yes/No - if yes - do you like it?

Laptops were originally meant for portability, not games. But in this age, except for a business, you can't live without it. ;)

yes- that is why I am looking for insight/experience for a laptop that can do gaming for around $1000. Obviosuly for $1500 you can get a great one- but it is tough to get a gaming lappy for around $1000. Which is better- a i7(1.73 quad) or an i5 (2.53 dual), if you get a i5 should you bother with a really great GPU as the CPU will be your limiting part, etc. Samsung seems to be the only way to get an i7 with a 4xx GPU for under $1000- but no one has reviews , commented, etc. on the Samsungs.

Which GPUs are you supposed to look out for?

Since I moved into this new place I depend purely on my laptop which has a 310m gpu but I wanna know what's better

It depends on what you do on the laptop. If you just surf the internet, e-mail, etc.; you would be fine with a integrated card.

SuxoR - there is a GPU list on this site which "ranks" the mobile GPU's. I would say- if you want to play games , at least medium setting- you have to stay in the top category. Personally - I also require a dx11 card = so a 5xxx and up ATI or a 4xx Nvidia card.

**** all the laptops I've seen with the 4xx series Nvidia cards are extremely expensive, I have a 310m myself and it seems to run everything great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom