Workstation PC - High dust, High moisture, High chance of getting knocked a little

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Workstation PC - High dust, High moisture, High chance of getting knocked a littl

Oh, woops, I had this opened last night when you first posted, and I saw it when I woke up with no replys, so I replied.... lolz. Sorry -.-

Re: Workstation PC - High dust, High moisture, High chance of getting knocked a littl

panty hose makes a pretty good air filter and it's cheap, comes in different colors.

Desiccant (the crystal looking stuff in small bags you find in some products) will help with the moisture. Are you in the Military? Ask the supply clerk if he can get you a cup or 2. Put it in a bag made out of some of that panty hose. It will change color when it has absorbed moisture and you can dry it back out in a microwave.

As for being banged around, an SSD is your best bet with no moving parts. Get a low profile/lightweight heatsink that bolts to the motherboard.

No sorry needed corrosive.

Thanks slay for the ideas.. I am not in the military but I sure I can find some dessicant salt from somewhere might raid the market shoe stall.

This isn't a vibrating environment or anything like that, but its a workspace were manual labour occurs within and around site so it will get banged around but not particularly violently. I am thinking a 5400rpm laptop hard drive with rubber mounts would be best cost effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom