Need opinions on my compter I'm building

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW...I've been doing some research about the mobo you recommend. You honestly think that that mobo is better then the Asus M4A79XTD I bought? The one you picked is NOT USB 3.0 or SATAII or not able to be updated to the AMD x6 processor.
If you have the extra money, go with this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131633 mobo (ASUS M4A89GTD PRO)
and
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX CPU (AMD Phenom II x4 BE)

That's only a couple bucks more, and can support crossfire if you want to upgrade you video card.

ill be honest, im drunk right now.

Hahahahahahaha. Ten points for being honest, I've drunk posted many a times.

Back on topic and going off what PP pointed out, 6GB is a no no unless you're rocking tri-channel. 2x2GB is plenty for most folks, unless a program you use would benefit from more. He's dead on on the rest. Have fun trying to get your quad core overclocked high enough to run your RAM that high.

Hahahahahahaha. Ten points for being honest, I've drunk posted many a times.

Back on topic and going off what PP pointed out, 6GB is a no no unless you're rocking tri-channel. 2x2GB is plenty for most folks, unless a program you use would benefit from more. He's dead on on the rest. Have fun trying to get your quad core overclocked high enough to run your RAM that high.

I believe the RAM I have IS tri channel memory...

You bought a tri channel kit for a dual channel motherboard. You can use all three sticks, you just won't be running dual or tri channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom